All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Politics of State and City Administration, Abney and Lauth take a penetrating look at the relationships of state and city administrators to the people with whom they work: legislators, councilors, chief executives, and numerous interest groups seeking to influence administrative decisions and upon whom administrators depend to achieve their objectives. The analysis is based upon information obtained from national surveys of approximately 800 state and 600 city government department heads. The reader of this book will learn, for example, that goverrs are perceived by their department heads to be more interested in management than in policy leadership, interest groups are viewed as allies rather than enemies of state administrators, and the emergence of professionalism in administration has reduced the ability of mayors to be chief administrators. The Politics of State and City Administration will be of interest to scholars and students of public administration, state and local government, and public policy.
- Author BiographyGlenn Abney is Professor of Political Science and member of the faculty, Institute of Public Administration, Georgia State University. Thomas P. Lauth is Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the DPA program at the University of Georgia.
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1986
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleSUNY Series in Public Administration S.
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Weight435 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGlenn Abney,Thomas P. Lauth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.