All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 21st century, think tanks have become more than a buzzword in European public discourse. They w play important roles in the policy-making process by providing applied research, building networks and advocating policies. The book studies the development of think tanks and contemporary consequences in the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark and at the EU-level. A Continental think tank tradition in which the state plays a pivotal role and an Anglo-American tradition which facilitates interaction in public policy on market-like terms have shaped the development of think tanks. On the basis of a typology of think tanks, quantitative data and interviews with think tank practitioners, the interplay between state and market dynamics and the development of different types of think tanks is analysed. Although think tanks develop along different institutional trajectories, it is concluded that the Anglo-American tradition has had a significant, cross-cutting impact in Europe in recent years. The contention over the politics of think tanks runs deeper at the EU-level than in the member states and reflects disagreement over how the EU should develop in the future. This text will be of key interest to scholars, students and practitioners of political communication, public policy, European politics and comparative politics.
- Author BiographyJesper Dahl Kelstrup is an Assistant Professor in Public Administration, Collaborative Governance and European Policy-making at the University of Roskilde, Denmark.
- Author(s)Jesper Dahl Kelstrup
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Comparative Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight416 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.