All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 25 color plates and 60 black-and-white illustrations offer readers a rare close look at this little-kwn and endangered group of insects. Three appendixes list all kwn flower-visiting records, all hymepteran visitors to the flowers included in the pollination chapter, and all published species names for Masarinae. Pollen wasps are of interest to a wide range of scholars (including entomologists, ethologists, ecologists, and evolutionary biologists) because of their close associations with flowering plants and because of the ability of certain species to produce silk for nest building--an intriguing case of convergent evolution. For these readers, and for students of natural history and proponents of species preservation, The Pollen Wasps will prove an invaluable resource.
- Author(s)Sarah Gess
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Out-of-print date05/11/2013
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight822 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.