Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSouth Asia, which is home to 1.5 billion people, is a land of sharp and growing contrasts. It has attracted global attention as an emerging ecomic powerhouse, but is also home to the largest concentration of people living in conflict, poverty, and malnutrition. This has created 'two South Asias'-one dynamic, urbanized, and globally integrated, and the other rural, impoverished, and lagging. With a focus on the poor half billion of South Asia, this volume puts into perspective the colossal task ahead to eradicate poverty and enable inclusive growth. Examining the development challenges, successes, and failures of South Asia, it provides fresh perspectives on the links between ecomic geography, institutions, and globalization. The essays provide answers to why certain regions are lagging through a comparative study of spatial disparities in income, poverty, conflict, human development, and gender divides. Combining quantitative data with analytical rigour, this volume provides invative short-term and long-term policy solutions to overcome the limits to growth and escape poverty traps.
- Author BiographyEjaz Ghani is Economic Adviser, South Asia Poverty Reduction and Economic Management, The World Bank, Washington D.C.
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight644 g
- Width149 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byEjaz Ghani
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.