All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the barriers to the Gospel in the Sahel, such as the unique, spirit-manipulating, spell-casting world of West African Islam. A story of: Remarkable people surviving against the odds; the way many African cultures are great at survival in extreme situations but less good at promoting ecomic growth; the unseen spiritual issues that are widely kwn among the people themselves, and widely igred or ridiculed in the West. Compelling research showing how responses among peoples in West Africa were dependent on when the first missionaries arrived. Always, some pioneering family needs to spend a lifetime serving among a people, often seeing little response to their message. The mass turning to Christ often happens among the next generation.
- Author BiographyGlenn Myers is an English missions journalist with WEC International, and has authored the 'Briefings' series of profiles on various regions of the world. Glenn is a true internationalist, having home addresses in the UK, Cote d'Ivoire, Singapore and the USA. He writes: Through my journalism, and through life, I have seen the Christian faith sustain people with happiness and hope in the most horrible situations.
- Author(s)Glen Myers
- PublisherAuthentic Lifestyle
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleBriefings
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationBucks
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuthentic Lifestyle
- Out-of-print date23/02/2017
- Weight95 g
- Width215 mm
- Height139 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.