All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopulation Explosion and Other Mathematical Puzzles is a wonderful addition to Dr Dick Hess's previous successful books, Mental Gymnastics: Recreational Mathematical Puzzles, Golf on the Moon, (Dover Publishing, 2011 and 2014 respectively) and Number-Crunching Math Puzzles (Puzzlewright, 2013), a republication of All-Star Mathlete Puzzles (Sterling Publishing, 2009). In this latest volume, there are 116 recreational mathematical puzzles and problems that will challenge and entertain bright minds. They are mostly new problems on creative themes, encompassing a wide range of difficulty from amusing to complex. Intended to hone mathematical thinking skills and reasoning ability, solving the puzzles may require considerable perseverance.Open this book to find a captivating assortment of geometric, digital, logical, probability, analytical, physics and trapezoid puzzles. Find out what happens with jeeps in the desert and be amused or confused by some MathDice puzzles.While most of these puzzles can be solved by pencil and paper analysis, there are some that are best tackled with a computer to find a solution. Be prepared to keep your wits about you!
- Author(s)Dick Hess,Richard I. Hess
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.