All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Portable Hawthorne includes writings from each major stage in the career of Nathaniel Hawthorne: a number of his most intriguing early tales, all of The Scarlet Letter , excerpts from his three subsequently published romances - The House of Seven Gables , The Blithedale Romance , and The Marble Faun - as well as passages from his European journals and a sampling of his last, unfinished works. The editor's introduction and head tes trace the evolution of Hawthorne's writing over the course of his long career: from the tales, to their apotheosis in The Scarlet Letter , through his popular romances, to his private journals and frustrated attempts at ather romance. Readers looking for a critical vantage point from which to see Hawthorne whole - his artistic rise, triumph, and sad decline - can find it in this collection.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864) was born in Salem, Massachusetts, and is best known today for his enigmatic tales and the novel The Scarlet Letter.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date05/01/2012
- Weight336 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.63
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.