All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains papers presented at a conference held in Vimeiro, Por- tugal, on March 23 and 24, 1991. The purpose of this conference was to discuss several aspects of the portuguese ecomy, namely issues and prob- lems related with the european integration of 1992. The sponsorship has been provided by the Junta N acional de Investiga~iio Cientifica e Tec- logica, the portuguese science and techlogy foundation, as well as by the Banco de Portugal, the central bank. The first paper, by Horta Correia, Cesar das Neves and Rebelo repre- sents an attempt to characterize and to analyze the main features of the portuguese business cycles. Making use of the real business cycle method- ology, the authors contrast the properties of the portuguese empirical regu- larities with those of other OEeD countries and conclude that the ecomic fluctuations in Portugal seem much more severe. On the other hand, the rel- ative volatility of the various series analyzed, as well as their co-movement and serial correlation properties, are of the same order of those in other DECD countries. Horta Correia, Cesar das Neves and Rebelo evaluate the properties of the portuguese time series in light of the predictions of two dynamic general equilibrium models: a closed ecomy model and a model of a small open ecomy. Surprisingly, their closed ecomy model provides a good fit for the portuguese fluctuations, while the small open ecomy model predicts unplausibly low volatilities for both aggregate consumption and the trade balance.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight427 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAntonio S. Mello,Diogo Lucena,Joao Ferreira Do Amaral
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.