All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn case studies focusing on contemporary crises spanning Africa, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe, the scholars in this volume examine the dominant prescriptive practices of late neoliberal post-conflict interventions - such as statebuilding, peacebuilding, transitional justice, refugee management, reconstruction, and redevelopment - and contend that the post-conflict environment is in fact created and sustained by this international techcratic paradigm of peacebuilding. Key international stakeholders - from activists to politicians, humanitarian agencies to financial institutions - characterize disparate sites as weak, fragile, or failed states and, as a result, prescribe peacebuilding techniques that paradoxically disable effective management of post-conflict spaces while perpetuating neoliberal political and ecomic conditions. Treating all efforts to represent post-conflict environments as problematic, the goal becomes understanding the underlying connection between post-conflict conditions and the actions and interventions of peacebuilding techcracies.
- Author BiographyDaniel Bertrand Monk is George R. and Myra T. Cooley Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies and Professor of Geography and Middle East Studies at Colgate University, USA. Jacob Mundy is Assistant Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies at Colgate University, USA where he also serves on the faculty of the Middle East and Islamic Studies program.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDaniel Bertrand Monk,Jacob Mundy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.