All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGround-breaking and hugely controversial on first publication in 1995, this classic text pre-empted the emerging church movement, questioning whether the certainties of evangelical orthodoxy could survive in a postmodern world. Following publication, virtually every Christian magazine and newspaper in Britain reviewed the book. It is still talked about and was cited as one of Dave Tomlinson's three key volumes in a 5-page feature on the author in the March 2014 edition of Christianity. It is still on college and university reading lists. As Dave Tomlinson is keen to stress '...the book comes from a pastoral concern. I wanted it to empower ordinary people to think for themselves rather than be boxed into some pre-packed version of Christianity.'
- Author BiographyDave Tomlinson was a house church leader for many years before founding Holy Joe's, a church in a pub in Clapham for disaffected churchgoers. He is now Vicar of St Luke's, Holloway, a thriving parish church in north London. He is the author of several books including Re-Enchanting Christianity and How to be a Bad Christian - and a Better Human Being (Hodder & Stoughton, 2013).
- Author(s)Dave Tomlinson
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.