All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Postcolonial World presents an overview of the field and extends critical debate in exciting new directions. It provides an important and timely reappraisal of postcolonialism as an aesthetic, political, and historical movement, and of postcolonial studies as a multidisciplinary, transcultural field. Essays map the terrain of the postcolonial as a global phemen at the intersection of several disciplinary inquiries. Framed by an introductory chapter and a concluding essay, the eight sections examine: * Affective, Postcolonial Histories * Postcolonial Desires * Religious Imaginings * Postcolonial Geographies and Spatial Practices * Human Rights and Postcolonial Conflicts * Postcolonial Cultures and Digital Humanities * Ecocritical Inquiries in Postcolonial Studies * Postcolonialism versus Neoliberalism The Postcolonial World looks afresh at re-emerging conditions of postcoloniality in the twenty-first century and draws on a wide range of representational strategies, cultural practices, material forms, and affective affiliations. The volume is an essential reading for scholars and students of postcolonialism.
- Author BiographyJyotsna G. Singh is Professor in the Department of English at Michigan State University, USA. David D. Kim is Assistant Professor in the Department of Germanic Languages at the University of California Los Angeles, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Worlds
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 21 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight1092 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byDavid D. Kim,Jyotsna G. Singh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.