All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionEncopresis and chronic constipation are distressing conditions that affect many children, and their families. When a child cant master toilet training, it is upsetting for the child and parents alike. Children feel frustrated, embarrassed, and confused. Parents can feel angry, guilty, incompetent, and worried. Parent/child relationships are negatively affected as power struggles over toileting dominate the household. Most parents start by consulting a pediatrician or pediatric gastroenterologist and beginning medical treatment. In some cases, medical intervention takes care of the problem. In other cases, despite laxatives and stimulants, colon cleanses and sticker charts, the soiling or refusal to use the toilet continues. In The Potty Wars, Dr. Robbins addresses these stubborn cases. Based on her experience treating over 100 children with encopresis and toilet refusal, Dr. Robbins clearly explains why some children struggle with the basic developmental task of toilet training. She also presents strategies that parents can use to help children become masters of the potty. The Potty Wars provides hope and help for families dealing with this challenging problem.
- Author BiographyDr. Libby Robbins is a child psychotherapist with 20 years of experience working with families of children who soil or suffer from chronic constipation that has not responded to medical intervention. She has treated over 100 children from the ages of 2 to 14 who have not successfully toilet trained. Dr. Robbins is in private practice in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Author(s)Libby Robbins
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight91 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.