All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn this text, the author develops alternate representations of electromagnetic power and energy that differ form the familiar Maxwell-Poynting theorem values (S and W) - yet are fully equivalent. The particular choice focused on features highly-localized power and energy components and emphasizes the circuit rather than the wave nature of these quantities. Moreover, unlike the Poynting vector, this exact representation merges smoothly with well-kwn quasistatic approximations that have long been used to calculate power flows in both lumped and distributed circuits operating at low-frequencies.
- Author BiographyFrederic R. Morgenthaler, PhD, joined the faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1960, becoming a Full Professor in 1968. He retired from MIT in 1996 and is currently Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering. Dr. Morgenthaler has served as a consultant to the U.S. government as well as private industry. A Fellow of the IEEE and the holder of approximately one dozen patents, Dr. Morgenthaler has authored over 100 scientific publications and papers.
- Author(s)Frederic R. Morgenthaler
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1296 g
- Width182 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.