The Power of Color: Creating Healthy Interior Spaces by Laurie Zagon, Sara O. Marberry (Hardback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $133.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionCOLOR is literally the 'wavelength' medicine of the future. It calls to us and asks us to recognize its value as an alternative medicine that the environment can provide. --from The Power of Color THE FIRST PRACTICAL GUIDE TO CREATING HEALTHY INTERIORS WITH COLOR Working from the scientifically based premise that the use of full-spectrum color on finishes and surfaces is essential to creating a healthy man-made environment, Sara O. Marberry and Laurie Zagon arm design professionals with: A complete methodology and clear, easy-to-follow guidelines to designing with full-spectrum color without compromising style or client preferences A concise refresher course in color theory Detailed analyses of more than 20 projects for a wide range of public and private spaces, including healthcare facilities, schools, day-care centers, hotels, and offices Color charts that break down proportions of hue, value, and chroma for each project discussed A project showcase featuring more than 40 full-color photographs, bringing vividly to life all of the examples discussed Thanks to the efforts of a handful of visionaries working in a variety of disciplines, our kwledge of the role of light and color in human health has taken a quantum leap during the past decade. For instance, clear links have been established between color and academic performance among grade-schoolers, and medical journals w routinely feature reports of color being used successfully to assist in the treatment of everything from depression to AIDS. Now, in a book that is as inspiring as it is instructive, design professionals can learn how to use color to create interior spaces that support the health and well-being of all who live and work in them. The first and only practical guide to creating healthy interior design using color, The Power of Color provides a simple methodology and set of guidelines that can easily be integrated into professional practice. The book begins with a concise, accessible refresher course in color theory. From there, the authors embark on a fascinating exploration of the healing properties of color as documented in the scientific literature. This is followed by in-depth, practical discussions of surface colors and lighting, the importance of using full-spectrum color in interior design, and techniques for using full-spectrum color without compromising the design professional's unique sense of style or the demands of his or her clients. The remainder of The Power of Color is devoted to the detailed analyses of more than 20 projects executed in the United States and Europe. Chosen for their use of a full-spectrum color palette, the examples include designs for many different types of public and private spaces--from healthcare facilities and schools to hotels and offices. Each project is accompanied by color charts that break down proportions of hue, value, and chroma. A project showcase containing more than 40 full-color photographs vividly brings to life all of the examples discussed. The most complete, practical guide to the use of color to create healthy interior spaces, The Power of Color is an indispensable resource for interior designers, architects, and all other design professionals.
- Author BiographySARA O. MARBERRY is Editor of Aesclepius, the newsletter of the National Symposium on Healthcare Design, and a former editor-in-chief of Contract magazine. LAURIE ZAGON is a fine artist, instructor, and color consultant. She taught color and light theory at the City University of New York for 14 years.
- Author(s)Laurie Zagon,Sara O. Marberry
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/1995
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note40 colour photographs
- Weight334 g
- Width211 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.