All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesign-build is a powerful project delivery approach. But how to actuate such power and deliver the design-build promise? This is what this book is all about. It provides the reader with cutting-edge kwledge, kw-how, techniques, trade secrets, and best practices to deliver design-build projects in a safe and controlled manner. It covers the entire design-build process-- from building the design-build team and winning the designbuild tender competition, to project management, selecting the best design-build solution, and the sound planning of designbuild activities. To this end, the book introduces a totally new and invative design-build planning methodology, namely, the SAFEDB-methodology. The SAFEDB-methodology consists of three key components: develop design-build solutions, fast-tack design-build activities, and control design-build work progress. The first component is concerned with evaluating candidate design-build options and selecting the most effective design-build solution. The second component looks deep into overlapping design and construction activities and introduces an effective overlapping strategy enabling maximum safe schedule compression. The last methodology component focuses on enhancing the design-build schedule reliability by taking into account potential schedule branching and rework loops in a structured and proactive manner. A range of real-world practical examples of the methodology application are provided for clarity and immediate use by the readers. The book is meant for the design-build contractors, designers, and owners; for the professionals and the academics, those new to the design-build arena or the seasoned design-builders.
- Author BiographySherif Hashem is a formal co-author of PMI's Project, Program and Portfolio Management global standards. He is a graduate of Alexandria University and holder of a BSc, MSc, and PhD in Civil Engineering. Dr. Hashem has authored numerous papers and articles on design-build and project management published in the United States, Brazil, and the Middle East.
- Author(s)Sherif Hashem
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.