All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFear, anger, anxiety, negativity, rudeness, information overload -- the stressors of modern life can make just getting through the day a daunting task. Since 1985, John Maxwell Taylor has been moving through the collective madness with joy, spirit, and strength. The Power of I Am invites the reader to join him on this journey. Combining principles from martial arts, mindfulness, body-centered awareness, and spiritual and scientific principles, this engaging mix of practical tools, stories, and life lessons teaches personal empowerment through gaining inner strength in social situations and dealing effectively with negative people. The author uses real-world experiences to show readers how to stop being drained by energy vampires, how to defuse conflict by boosting energy levels when trouble comes, how to eliminate stage fright and other social anxieties, how to increase personal magnetism and sense of self, and how to tap the existing, but often dormant, power of the mind for personal transformation.
- Author BiographyJohn Maxwell Taylor is known internationally for his 20-character, one-man-play Forever Jung, based on the life of pioneering Swiss psychologist Carl Gustav Jung. In 1996, he received the prestigious Gradiva Award in the Best Actor category for his portrayal of Jung from the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis in New York. Although Taylor does not claim to be a trained psychologist, he says, One cannot walk in Carl Jung s shoes for over 250 performances and not have something of the man rub off on you. His other teachers include Paramahansa Yogananda (since 1967), the Russian mystic and philosopher G. I. Gurdjieff (since 1968), and Taoist Master Mantak Chia (since 1985). For the last ten years, John Maxwell Taylor has been giving workshops in personal and spiritual transformation throughout the U.S. and is in constant demand as a keynote speaker and personal mentor.
- Author(s)John Maxwell Taylor
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/12/2005
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.