All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRaya Dunayevskaya is hailed as the founder of Marxist-Humanism in the United States. In this new collection of her essays co-editors Peter Hudis and Kevin B. Anderson have crafted a work in which the true power and originality of Dunayevskaya's ideas are displayed. This extensive collection of writings on Hegel, Marx, and dialectics captures Dunayevskaya's central dictum that, contrary to the established views of Hegelians and Marxists, Hegel was of signal importance to the theory and practice of Marxism. The Power of Negativity sheds light t only on Marxist-Humanism and the rooting of Dunayevskaya's Marxist-Humanist theories in Hegel, but also on the life of one of America's most penetrating and provocative critical thinkers.
- Author BiographyPeter Hudis is a Chicago-based independent scholar. He is the author of Harry McShane and the Scottish Roots of Marxist-Humanism (1995). Kevin B. Anderson is Professor of Sociology at Northern Illinois University. He is author of Lenin, Hegel, and Western Marxim: A Critical Study (1995).
- Author(s)Raya Dunayevskaya
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication29/09/2001
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleThe Raya Dunayevskaya Series in Marxism and Humanism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight567 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byPeter Hudis,Professor Kevin B. Anderson
- Introduction byPeter Hudis,Professor Kevin B. Anderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.