The Power of Pull: How Small Moves, Smartly Made, Can Set Big Things in Motion by Lang Davison, John Seely Brown, John Hagel III (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a radical break with the past, information w flows like water, and we must learn how to tap into its stream. Individuals and companies can longer rely on the stocks of kwledge that they've carefully built up and stored away. Information w flows like water, and we must learn how to tap into the stream. But many of us remain stuck in old practices-practices that could undermine us as we search for success and meaning. In this revolutionary book, three doyens of the Internet age, whose path-breaking work has made headlines around the world, reveal the adjustments we must make if we take these changes seriously. In a world of increasing risk and opportunity, we must understand the importance of pull. Understood and used properly, the power of pull can draw out the best in people and institutions by connecting them in ways that increase understanding and effectiveness. Pull can turn uncertainty into opportunity, and enable small moves to achieve outsized impact. Drawing on pioneering research, The Power of Pull shows how to apply its principles to unlock the hidden potential of individuals and organizations, and how to use it as a force for social change and the development of creative talent. The authors explore how to use the power of pull to:* Access new sources of information* Attract likeminded individuals from around the world* Shape serendipity to increase the likelihood of positive chance encounters* Form creation spaces to drive you and your colleagues to new heights* Transform your organization to adapt to the flow of kwledge The Power of Pull is essential reading for entrepreneurs, managers, and anybody interested in understanding and harnessing the shifting forces of our networked world.
- Author BiographyJohn Hagel III is the co-chairman of the Deloitte Center for the Edge. He is the author of a series of best-selling business books, including Net Gain, Net Worth, Out of the Box and The Only Sustainable Edge. He lives in Burlingame, California. John Seely Brown is the independent co-chairman of the Deloitte Center for the Edge and a visiting scholar at the University of Southern California. He is co-author of the best-selling book The Social Life of Information. He lives in Palo Alto, California. Lang Davison was the exectutive director of the Deloitte Center for the Edge and the collaborating writer for the best-selling and critically acclaimed book Net Gain, Net Worth, authored by John Hagel. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)John Hagel III,John Seely Brown,Lang Davison
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Civitas Books
- Out-of-print date15/03/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 13
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.