All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights the interaction between science and politics and between research in ecomics and European Union policy-making. It focuses on the use of Quantitative tools, Top-down and Bottom-up models in up-stream European decision-making process through five EU policy case studies: energy taxation, climate change, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and internalisation of external costs. The author reveals how the European Commission grounds part of its legitimacy on the objectivity of the figures and on its technical charisma. Faced by strong stakeholders, an elected European Parliament and a Council representing the national interests, the Commission defends the credibility of its policy initiatives (e.g. energy and environment targets, new market mechanisms) by scientific reports. Through an in-depth analysis of the preparatory legislation (Commission White Papers, Communications, Directive Proposals, Staff Working Documents, Impact Assessments), the author explains how the European Commission justifies ecomically and supports politically its initiatives. This book offers a new way of understanding the EU decision-making process with special reference to the energy and environment fields.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Domenico Rossetti di Valdalbero is Principal Administrator at the European Commission, DG Research (Science, Economy and Society). His main responsibilities are in the field of Forward looking activities (Foresight and Forecast), smart growth and post carbon society. He has been in charge of the Energy-Economy-Environment models, of world energy and technology outlooks, and of the quantification of external costs in Europe. He is the author of a hundred articles related to EU integration, Research, Energy and Environment and of the book Mapping European integration through its Cities. D. Rossetti is Secretary General of the Union of European Federalists in Belgium. Holding a Ph.D. in Economics from Paris Dauphine University and a Masters and an Agregation from the Catholic University of Louvain, D. Rossetti is a specialist in European studies.
- Author(s)Domenico Rossetti di Valdalbero
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2010
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2010
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Notetables
- Weight420 g
- Width110 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.