All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most powerful word in the language is one that most people find difficult to say. Yet when we kw how to use it correctly, it has the power to profoundly transform our lives. That word is 'No'. In Getting to Yes, William Ury helped millions of people across the world discover how to transform their working and personal relationships by saying Yes. In this wise and insightful 'prequel' to the international bestseller, Ury asserts that, although you may be able to say Yes, you cant get to the right Yes until you kw how to say No. Most of us are reluctant to say No when we fear the word could spoil relationships with bosses; lose the deal with clients or upset family members. This indispensable book will help readers kw whether and how to say No and provides a simple, proven five-step solution and tried and tested techniques to tackle this everyday dilemma.
- Author BiographyWilliam Ury co-wrote the Getting to Yes, which has sold over 5 million copies around the world. The Power of a Positive No, based on the popular Harvard course for managers and professionals, is Ury's eighth book and he has written widely on negotiation, conflict resolution and war prevention. In recent years, Ury has mediated personally between top Russian leaders and the president of Chechnya, gone head to head with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and his political opposition, and discussed with the Dalai Lama how to negotiate the conflict over Tibet. Ury received a BA from Yale and an MA and Ph.D. in Social Anthropology from Harvard. He and his wife and three children currently live in Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)William Ury
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.