Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe Power of the Talking Stick makes the case that, reaching back to the beginning of the nation-state and all through the current period of corporate-led globalisation, our governments and social institutions have been engaged in activities that will ultimately extinguish the world's ecological life support systems. This book offers an alternative, listening to indigeus leaders and others whose voices often go unheard in the din of contemporary culture. Sharon Ridgeway and Peter Jacques offer a stark warning, but their insights are firmly grounded in traditional kwledge and provide a way to see past the politics and rescue the earth. An important resource for climate activists, students and academics.
- Author BiographySharon Ridgeway is Assistant Professor of the Department of Political Science at University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Peter Jacques is Associate Professor of the Department of Political Science at University of Central Florida.
- Author(s)Peter J. Jacques,Sharon J. Ridgeway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.