All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an essential guide, with projects on how to make traditional, contemporary and customized frames. It is bursting with ideas for beginners, as well as more challenging techniques for those with a level of frame-making experience. You can learn how to cut and decorate a mount, make a ten and mortise joint, a hexagonal frame, or a box frame for a collection of objects. It includes every kind of decorative technique to customize an existing frame from easy paint wash or crackle glaze to more skilful ink penwork and gilding. Each project is shown with clear step-by-step instructions and a beautiful image of the finished piece. Once the preserve of skilled craftsmen, picture framing has become an accessible and enjoyable craft that anyone can learn. This beautiful, practical book is for everyone interested in learning about picture framing and acquiring the skills necessary to make their own frames. There is also a wealth of original ideas for customizing existing frames. The first chapter shows how a basic wooden frame is assembled, how to cut a mount and select suitable glass. The projects that follow cover different types of frame made from other materials, and decorating ideas using string, beads, collage or decoupage, as well as a variety of painting techniques. Creating picture frames provides an opportunity to add an extra element to a picture, and there are all kinds of styles covered in this book to inspire you, from classical and restrained to vibrant and contemporary.
- Author BiographyRian Kanduth is an experienced frame-maker and gilder. After studying conservation and restoration at the London Art School she worked as a conservator and decorative artist. For this book Rian has compiled an exciting collection of frames from talented craftspeople.
- Author(s)Rian Kanduth
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 950 photographs
- Weight1066 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.