All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
About this product
- DescriptionA complete, forward-thinking guide to environmental community relations procedures and program development The Practical Guide to Environmental Community Relations offers a comprehensive hands-on framework for working successfully with community residents and other stakeholders to prevent, resolve, or minimize conflicts on environmental issues. Featuring detailed checklists, forms, and worksheets, the book equips you with ready-to-use kwledge and skills in key areas of environmental community relations development: Community assessment--how to identify stakeholders and concerns, determine assessment parameters, conduct interviews, analyze data, and report findings Communications--how to develop a powerful communications program through written materials, personal communications, and focused media strategy, and how the essential principles of technical, crisis, and risk communication fit within the context of community relations Community relations techniques--how to manage public meetings, tours, availability sessions, and other events, plus advice on how to create and run Community Advisory Panels (CAPs) Community relations programs--how to plan and implement programs effectively, including establishing common goals and working with stakeholders constructively to achieve positive results Environmental regulations--including RCRA, CERCLA/SARA, NCP, NPDES, EPCRA, and Clean Air Act Accidental Release Prevention and Risk Management Programs Cutting-edge issues--investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites, permitting of facilities, federal facilities programs, environmental justice, and more Complete with mini-case studies revealing important do's and don'ts of community outreach in action, this accessible guide is a vital resource for private and public sector professionals working in environmental and facilities management, community relations, public affairs, and law.
- Author BiographyCAROL J. FORREST is the founder and president of EQUINOX Environmental Consultants, Ltd. RENEE HIX MAYS is a senior consultant with EQUINOX. They are the coauthors of technical manuals covering a range of environmental subjects.
- Author(s)C. J. Forrest,Renee Hix Mays
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/1997
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, forms
- Weight680 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.