All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the first books to provide a comprehensive description of OPNET(R) IT Guru and Modeler software, The Practical OPNET(R) User Guide for Computer Network Simulation explains how to use this software for simulating and modeling computer networks. The included laboratory projects help readers learn different aspects of the software in a hands-on way. Quickly Locate Instructions for Performing a Task The book begins with a systematic introduction to the basic features of OPNET, which are necessary for performing any network simulation. The remainder of the text describes how to work with various protocol layers using a top-down approach. Every chapter explains the relevant OPNET features and includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the features during a network simulation. Gain a Better Understanding of the Whats and Whys of the Simulations Each laboratory project in the back of the book presents a complete simulation and reflects the same progression of topics found in the main text. The projects describe the overall goals of the experiment, discuss the general network topology, and give a high-level description of the system configuration required to complete the simulation. Discover the Complex Functionality Available in OPNET By providing an in-depth look at the rich features of OPNET software, this guide is an invaluable reference for IT professionals and researchers who need to create simulation models. The book also helps newcomers understand OPNET by organizing the material in a logical manner that corresponds to the protocol layers in a network.
- Author BiographyDr. Adarshpal S. Sethi is a professor in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at the University of Delaware, where he currently teaches a course on the simulation of computer networks that is based entirely on the use of OPNET for network simulation. Dr. Sethi is a member of the editorial boards of the IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, International Journal of Network Management, and Electronic Commerce Research Journal. His research interests include architectures and protocols for network management, fault management, management of wireless networks, and network simulation and modeling. Dr. Vasil Y. Hnatyshin is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at Rowan University, where he has successfully integrated OPNET software into courses such as data communications and computer networks and TCP/IP and Internet technologies. His research interests include QoS in the Internet, TCP/IP networks, location-aided routing in mobile ad hoc networks, network security, wireless communication, and network simulation and modeling.
- Author(s)Adarshpal S. Sethi,Vasil Y. Hnatyshin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note258 black & white illustrations, 38 black & white tables
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.