All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionEveryday choices, if arising from ethical intention, can make a substantial difference. Written especially for those who have despaired of being able to make any meaningful response, THE PRACTICAL PEACEMAKER empowers as it outlines a broader vision than has been articulated by previous books on simple living. To become peacemakers, we need to pay as much attention to what is happening in our thinking as we do to downsizing our budget or clearing our clutter. The book examines such peace-destroying personal habits as careless eating and drinking, overbusy schedules, seeking instant gratification and anger. It goes on to consider social obstacles to peace, such as advertising, media saturation, rudeness, prejudice, environmental degradation and overpopulation. At both the personal and sociel levels, readers are shown specific positive actions they can take, without waiting for others to change, which will further the cause of peace in themselves and in the world.
- Author BiographyKate Lawrence is a writer and activist on environmental and vegetarian issues and a reference librarian. She spent ten years as a full-time church administrator, which included teaching, retreat planning and youth work. A meditator for over thirty years exploring both Christian and Buddhist practice, she is currently a Zen student. She has been consciously simplifying her life for the last twenty years.
- Author(s)Kate Lawrence
- PublisherLantern Books,US
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLantern Books,US
- Weight300 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.