All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a series of commentaries on teworthy arbitral awards and court decisions on arbitration. All contributions focus on the practice of arbitration. Influential authors with proven arbitration experience share their insights on celebrated and less well-kwn cases, drawn from various countries, various arbitration institutions and including both commercial and investment arbitration. This collection of essays celebrates the work and scholarship of Hans van Houtte, who has been a professor of international commercial arbitration at the University of Leuven for more than 20 years. In addition to his widely -praised contribution to the theory of arbitration, Professor Van Houtte has built a long career in the practice of arbitration, presiding over a vast array of arbitral tribunals and holding appointments to international tribunals, most recently as president of the Iran-US Claims Tribunal. Hans van Houtte has always been concerned with the practical usefulness of scholarly writings, and this book respects this approach. This volume will prove essential for all arbitration practitioners and will also be of great interest also to academics and research students with an interest in international arbitration.
- Author BiographyPatrick Wautelet is a professor at the University of Liege, Belgium. Thalia Kruger is a lecturer at the University of Antwerp, Belgium and honorary research associate at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. Govert Coppens is a PhD Researcher at the University of Leuven, Belgium, and an Attorney at the Brussels Bar.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight849 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGovert Coppens,Kristof Cox,Patrick Wautelet,Thalia Kruger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.