All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractice of Diplomacy has become established as a classic text in the study of diplomacy. This much-needed second edition is completely reworked and updated throughout and builds on the strengths of the original text with a strong empirical and historical focus. Topics new and updated for this edition include: * discussion of Ancient and n-European diplomacy including a more thorough treatment of pre-Hellenic and Muslim diplomacy and the diplomatic methods prevalent in the inter-state system of the Indian sub-continent * evaluation of human rights diplomacy from the nineteenth-century campaign against the slave trade onwards * a fully updated and revised account of the inter-war years and the diplomacy of the Cold War, drawing on the latest scholarship in the field * an entirely new chapter discussing core issues such as climate change; NGOs and coalitions of NGOs; trans-national corporations; foreign ministries and IGOs; the revolution in electronic communications; public diplomacy; transformational diplomacy and faith-based diplomacy. This text has established itself as a core text in the field of diplomacy and this new edition is absolutely essential reading for students and practitioners of diplomacy.
- Author BiographyKeith Hamilton is an historian in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. His most recent publication (co-edited with Patrick Salmon) is Slavery, Diplomacy and Empire: Britain and the Suppression of the Slave Trade, 1807-1975 (2009). Richard Langhorne is Professor of Global Politics at the University of Buckingham and a Full Professor in the Division of Global Affairs at Rutgers University, USA. He was formerly Director of Wilton Park, FCO, (1993-1996) and Director of the Centre of International Studies at Cambridge University (1987-1993).
- Author(s)Keith Hamilton,Richard Langhorne
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.