All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Practice of Freedom, American sensei Wendy Palmer applies the basic principles of aikido to the conduct of everyday life. This fifth-degree black belt describes her own fascinating journey, one that includes caring for a mother with multiple sclerosis, teaching inmates in a women's federal prison, and the development her own method of meditation called Conscious Embodiment. In the process Palmer uses her many years of aikido practice to explore and respond to a simple but potent question: How? How can we maintain our vitality and integrity in times of stress? How do we transform our negativity into budo, or love? And how do we move from stuckness to freedom?
- Author BiographyWendy Palmer, a fifth-degree black belt and cofounder of Aikido of Tamalpais, in Mill Valley, California, has been teaching aikido since 1974. In 1980, she developed Conscious Embodiment, which uses aikido principles as a way to study boundaries, relationships, and leadership. She directed the Prison Integrated Health Programme from 1990 to 1997. This is a volunteer project that provides classes in behavioural medicine at the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, California, and serves as a model for health promotion programmes in prisons the throughout the United States. She is the author of The Intuitive Body. Aikido as a Clairsentient Practice and teaches Conscious Embodiment in its companion video.
- Author(s)Wendy Palmer
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/08/2010
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodmell Press
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byJack Kornfield
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.