All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on interviews with over 20 health care providers and facilities who have successfully combined integrative medicine in their practices, this book outlines the pitfalls, legal road-blocks, and benefits of bringing complementary and integrative medicine into daily health care routines. Topics addressed include: what forces are driving the shift toward Integrative care; the key legal issues governing individuals vs. institutions; how established CIM institutions chose specific therapies, gained funding, and solved staffing issues; the regulations for credentialing and how to comply; techniques for minimizing liability risks for institutions and individuals; strategies for effective informed consent; and, recommendations on dealing with the dietary supplement question.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL H. COHEN holds a joint appointment as assistant clinical professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and assistant professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management at Harvard School of Public Health. He is also senior lecturer at the University of the Bahamas, president of the Institute for Integrative and Energy Medicine, and principal in the Law Offices of Michael H. Cohen. He is author of five books, including Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Legal Boundaries and Regulatory Perspectives.
- Author(s)Marc S. Micozzi,Mary Ruggie,Michael H. Cohen
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.