All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Practice of Person Centred Couple and Family Therapy, Charles O'Leary offers a rich description of relationship therapy that draws on the resources of both person-centred psychotherapy and systemic and family therapy to present a skilful, respectful and empathic approach to working with couples and families. Grounded in detailed descriptions of client goals and predicaments, the book takes an inside look at the therapist's options and decision-making with both clarity and compassion. Written in a refreshing, lively and personal style, the book: * Provides an abundance of ideas and techniques relevant to each step of the therapeutic process. * Addresses the complexity of family and couple therapy, including chapters on working with same-sex couples and working with children and adolescents. * Offers humanistic depth and breadth to a challenging area of practice, with a strong value base and a philosophy that always privileges the client's viewpoint. Clear, concise, and highly readable, this is a vital, thought-provoking text for students, trainees and practitioners of counselling and psychotherapy working with couples and families.
- Author BiographyDr CHARLES J. O'LEARY is a licensed marriage and family therapist and American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists Approved Supervisor in private practice in Denver, Colorado, USA. He has held faculty positions teaching graduate students at National University, San Diego, California, San Diego State University and Regis University in Denver, Colorado. Charlie is the author of Counseling Couples and Families: A Person-Centred Approach, published by Sage in 1999, which has sold over 3000 copies in English and been translated into Italian and Japanese.
- Author(s)Charles J. O'Leary
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 figures
- Weight307 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.