All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionIn this beautiful book, Looney paints the slow dance of a human soul across the infinitely flat landscape of the Midwest, where dreams are informed by suffering, hope by loss. Capturing the capacity of the spirit to endure, these poems are careful, intricately rendered tapestries, at once funny and painful, that address the relentless quest of the human heart for meaning, magic, resolution, and definition. Brilliant and entertaining, Looney engages the reader even as he enlightens. Both plainspoken and mystically speculative, he takes you line by line to that place where heaven and earth, longing and grief, meet-and awe begins. -- Nin Andrews
- Author BiographyGeorge Looney is the Chairman of the Creative Writing Program at Penn State University Erie and Co-Director of the Chuatauqua Writers Festival. His previous books include Animals Housed in the Pleasure of Flesh which won the Bluestem Award and Attendant Ghosts.
- Author(s)George Looney
- PublisherWhite Pine Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWhite Pine Press Poetry Prize
- Place of PublicationBuffalo
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Pine Press
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight162 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.