All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this riveting new vel from Edgar finalist Paul Doiron, Bowditch joins a desperate search for two missing hikers as Maine wildlife officials deal with a frightening rash of coyote attacks. When two female hikers disappear in the Hundred Mile Wilderness-the most remote stretch along the entire Appalachian Trail-Maine game warden Mike Bowditch joins the desperate search to find them. Hope turns to despair after two unidentified corpses are discovered-their bones picked clean by coyotes. Do the bodies belong to the missing hikers? And were they killed by the increasingly aggressive wild dogs? Soon, all of Maine is gripped with the fear of killer coyotes. But Bowditch has his doubts. His new girlfriend, wildlife biologist Stacey Stevens, insists the scavengers are being wrongly blamed. She believes a murderer may be hiding in the offbeat community of hikers, hippies, and woodsmen at the edge of the Hundred Mile Wilderness. When Stacey herself disappears along the Appalachian Trail, the hunt for answers becomes personal. Can Mike Bowditch find the woman he loves before the most dangerous animal in the North Woods strikes again?
- Author BiographyBestselling author PAUL DOIRON is the editor in chief of Down East: The Magazine of Maine. A native of Maine, he attended Yale University and holds an MFA from Emerson College. His first book, The Poacher's Son, is the winner of the Barry award, the Strand award for best first novel, and a finalist for the Edgar and Anthony awards. Paul is a Registered Maine Guide and lives on a trout stream in coastal Maine with his wife, Kristen Lindquist. Henry Leyva's audiobook credits include reading Colin Harrison's The Havana Room, Michael Palmer's Fatal, Lawrence Block's Killing Castro, and John Grisham's The Testament as well as works from popular authors such as Nicholas Sparks and Phyllis Naylor. Leyva has appeared in numerous stage and screen productions. His film and television work includes roles on One Life to Live, Romancing America, The Digital Cafe, The Interrogation, and The Windigo.
- Author(s)Paul Doiron
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleMike Bowditch Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume Number06
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Read byHenry Leyva
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time563
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $29.61Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.