All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of predistribution is increasingly setting the agenda in progressive politics. But what does it mean? The predistributive agenda is concerned with how states can alter the underlying distribution of market outcomes so they longer rely solely on post hoc redistribution to achieve ecomic efficiency and social justice. It therefore offers an effective means of tackling ecomic and social inequality alongside traditional welfare policies, emphasising employability, human capital, and skills, as well as structuring markets to promote greater equity. This book examines the key debates surrounding the emergence and development of predistributive thought with contributions from leading international scholars and policy-makers.
- Author BiographyClaudia Chwalisz is Policy Researcher at Policy Network. Patrick Diamond is Vice Chair of Policy Network and Lecturer in Public Policy at Queen Mary, University of London. He is the former Head of Policy Planning in 10 Downing Street and Senior Policy Adviser to the Prime Minister.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight50349 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byClaudia Chwalisz,Patrick Diamond
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.