All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- Description* Provides an accessible narrative history of Egypt from earliest human settlement to the time of the first pharoahs. * Explores prehistoric foundations of many traditions evident in Ancient Egypt. * Includes chrology, glossary, bibiliography and numerous illustrations -- ideal for student use. .
- Author BiographyThe author, Beatrix Midant--Reynes, is Head of Research at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique in Toulouse (Centre d'Anthropologie, Universite Paul Sabatier). She is also editor of Archeonil (a journal dedicated to the study of prehistoric Egypt and Nubia) and Director of the excavations at the Predynastic site of Adaima (on behalf of IFAO). In 1986 she was Humbolt Stipendiatin in Staatliche Sammlung Agyptischer Kunst' in Munich. The translator, Ian Shaw, is lecturer in Egyptian archaeology at the Institute of Archaeology, University College London. He is the author of Ancient Egyptian Warfare and Weapons (1991), co--author of The British Museum Dictionary of Ancient Egypt (with Nicholson, 1995) and co--editor of The Dictionary of Archaeology (with Jameson: Blackwell, 1998) and Ancient Egyptian Materials and Technology (with Nicholson, 1999). He also translated Nicolas Grimal's A History of Ancient Egypt (Blackwell, 1992).
- Author(s)Beatrix Midant-Reynes
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/1999
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight644 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.