All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Preliminary Hearing phase of the Commonwealth vs. Lizzie A. Borden began on August 25 and lasted until September 1, 1892. The copy given to Lizzie's lawyer, Andrew Jennings, is the only one kwn to have survived. It has recently been discovered that this copy is, in fact, both incomplete and inaccurate, having been altered and edited for some long-forgotten reason. This new edition of the Preliminary Hearing combines a number of transcriptions from various sources in an effort to reproduce, as accurately and authentically as possible, the day-by-day proceedings of this all-important legal event in the history of the Borden murders of 1892. This new edition, for the first time, reads in the order in which the witnesses were called, includes the closing statements of the defense and prosecution and the judge's summation and verdict, and contains the entirety of Lizzie's own Inquest testimony which was read into the official record but t reproduced in the original transcription.
- Author BiographyStefani Koorey holds a Ph.D. in theatre history and dramatic criticism. She has enjoyed a varied professional life as a professional bibliographer, dramaturg, storyteller, writer, editor, professor, box office manager, and librarian. Stefani is the Editor and Publisher of The Hatchet: Journal of Lizzie Borden Studies.
- Author(s)Harry Widdows,Kat Koorey,Stefani Koorey
- Date of Publication13/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight903 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.