All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe Premiership in Focus celebrates 15 years that have changed the face of football. When Football Focus began life on BBC1 in 1968 as Football Preview , football in England was about old wooden terraces, grounds that were ankle deep in mud or covered in sw and a Bovril at half time. In 1992 came the Premier League and the sport changed forever. The Premier League was established as one of the most exciting, cosmopolitan and widely watched national sporting leagues in the world and fans are w able to watch hundreds of Premiership matches live as football has seemingly taken over much of national life. Why has this happened? How has it affected the clubs, fans, players and managers? How long can it be sustained? This book aims to examine these questions as well as celebrate 15 amazing years of football. It will look back at the great moments, outstanding matches, stunning goals, incredible saves, controversial decisions and the sheer excitement that has been the Premiership.
- Author BiographyBorn in Chelmsford in 1964, Martyn Smith graduated from Hull University in 1987 with a degree in Politics and joined BBC Sport two years later. He has worked on a range of television and radio sports programmes including Grandstand, Match of the Day, Wright & Bright, Onside, 606, Gower's Cricket Monthly and the Olympic Games. Martyn is the BBC's Executive Producer of Sport Relief and produced the Sport Relief Mile show in 2006. He has also written the bestselling Match of the Day 40th Anniversary book and co-wrote Sports Personality of the Year 50th Anniversary with Steve Rider.
- Author(s)Martyn Smith
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content NoteMore than 200 photographs
- Weight1035 g
- Width205 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.