All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinding out your unborn child has been diagsed with a poor or fatal prenatal diagsis is devastating news sure to reverberate through your family's life forever. The emotional aspects of such a pregnancy and the practical implications of an adverse diagsis are difficult to navigate. The Prenatal Bombshell is a warm and understanding companion guide through the journey from diagsis and beyond once you've decided to either continue or end your precious pregnancy. Issues such as managing the pregnancy, delivery, termination, creating memories, future babies, and the long term impact of such a traumatic experience are all covered in detail. The lived experiences of other women who have gone through this journey are also included to provide hope, support, and guidance through difficult times. The Prenatal Bombshell does t attempt to convince women to make a particular choice about their pregnancy. It supports them from their choice onwards in a way that is honest, informative, and reliable. Filled with stories and testimonies, this is a helpful book to have during, and well beyond, a poor prenatal diagsis.
- Author BiographyStephanie Azri has worked as a clinical social worker and in the field of child and family with a major in women's health since 2002. She has written multiple academic journal articles, magazine articles, website blogs and books which are available worldwide. She also presents regularly at conferences about women's health issues. She is the founder and coordinator of PDS Australia (Prenatal Diagnosis Support Australia) a support group for women who have receiving an adverse prenatal diagnosis. The support group offers email support, discussion forums, peer support, referrals to services and advocacy. It also holds a strong research agenda with academic and clinical input from various experts in the field. Her website is www.stephanieazri.com Sherokee Ilse has both personal and professional experience with loss. The parent of two babies who died in miscarriage and full term son, who was stillborn, she has been a pioneer and a leader in the baby loss movement. The author of 18 books on infant loss and bereavement, she wrote her first book, Empty Arms: Coping with Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Deaths as a self-help guide for newly bereaved parents. Sherokee is a consultant to medical and other support professionals. She also offers mentoring and direct support as a Baby Loss Family Advisor. Ilse is a parent advocate and an international trainer who is passionate about her mission of helping improve the care of the bereaved and their families, as well as inspire and support the caregivers.
- Author(s)Sherokee Ilse,Stephanie Azri
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight558 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.