The Prenatal Person: Ethics from Conception to Birth by Norman M. Ford (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by thephilosophersnook
- Est. delivery by 12 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA host of ethical questions has arisen recently in response to the development of new reproductive techlogies. This text helps students of theology, philosophy, and health studies, as well as lay readers, to find answers to these questions.In order to facilitate an informed discussion of the many delicate ethical issues, the book first provides readers with relevant medical and scientific information. It explains in a clear and simple way, for example, what is involved in human embryo and embryonic cell stem research, infertility and its treatments, and prenatal screening and diagsis. It also explains how the metaphysical framework, in which both Christian and secular philosophers think, relates to the scientific facts and affects the ways in which they solve ethical problems. Throughout, the author takes a balanced approach, ackwledging his loyalty to Catholicism, yet freely exploring new options indicated by advancing biological science.
- Author BiographyNorman Ford is a catholic priest, philosopher and theologian at the ecumenical Melbourne College of Divinity. This is a college of the University of Melboume to which the most senior theologians in Australia are elected for their 'outstanding contribution to theological education'. He is also the Director of the Caroline Chisholm Centre for Health Ethics. He has published numerous articles on bioethics and human reproduction and a book Conception of the Human Individual in History, Philosophy and Science (1991) which was translated into a number of foreign languages. Although he is a catholic, Norman Ford is recognised for his ecumenical approach and for his in-depth knowledge of the science of bioethics and reproductive technologies.
- Author(s)Norman M. Ford
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note4
- Weight404 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.23Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.