All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible resource on the Presbyterian ruling elder is especially designed for those considering becoming ruling elders and those who have been elected to this ordered ministry. It explains the meaning of the term ruling elder and the qualifications and duties of this ministry. The book goes on to explore the relationship of ruling elders to other elders, the role of the ruling elder on session and in the presbytery, and the relationships to pastors and to the whole church. Fully revised based on the new Form of Government of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), this book is invaluable for new ruling elders preparing for their role.
- Author BiographyPaul S. Wright was Pastor of First Presbyterian Church and theologian-in-residence at Lewis and Clark College, both in Portland, Oregon. Stephens G. Lytch is a Presbyterian teaching elder in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He has enjoyed training and working with ruling elders for many years.
- Author(s)Paul S. Wright
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight88 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edited byStephen G. Lytch
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.