All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of an acclaimed study on women's magazines comes the definitive history of one of the most enduring but ever-changeable consumer items of the late 20th and 21st centurynewspapers and magazines.This studydetails the triumphs and travails of the popular post-war press, with a litany of names that will evoke stalgiaas well as some that provoked outrage on their emergence of a defining era. From Family Circle to Loaded, Picture Post to Zoo, and from Eagle to Hello! the decades after the war have brought readers a carousel of titles that could be intellectually stimulating in one decade while morally bankrupt in the next.Penned by a press professional who saw it all happen and has some interesting ideasabout what lies ahead, thisis a fascinating story with a host of riveting characters.
- Author BiographyBrian Braithwaite has worked in magazines for most of his long career. He was the founder and publisher of Harpers and Queen, and he launched Cosmopolitan, Company, and County Living. He was for many years the publishing director of Good Housekeeping, and in 1992 he was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the PPA.
- Author(s)Brian Braithwaite
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Weight200 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.