All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy cooking food at temperatures that are far higher than conventional ovens pressure cookers drastically reduce cooking times enabling us to cook in a cheaper, healthier and greener way. Pasta and rice can be made from scratch in less than 10 minutes; thrifty cooks can tenderise flavoursome cheap cuts in just 20 minutes and pulses can be cooked without having to soak them. As a busy working mother, Guardian writer Catherine Phipps is wholly reliant on her pressure cooker to produce quick and easy one-pot meals for her family. Her authoritative guide is aimed at those who are new to pressure cookers as well as established fans. Alongside recipes ranging from pot-roast chicken and seafood risotto to Boston baked beans, pulled pork sandwiches and Scotch eggs, and even cheesecake and chocolate pots, Catherine offers handy tips on how to adapt conventional recipes for the pressure cooker, safety ideas and a guide to using certain ingredients. With colour photography throughout, this is an indispensable partner for every pressure cooker owner.
- Author BiographyCatherine Phipps is a columnist for the Guardian's Word of Mouth food pages and a freelance food writer. She lives in London with her family.
- Author(s)Catherine Phipps
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight909 g
- Width196 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.