Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.90+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by maraalda
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
About this product
- DescriptionAs Samuel Berkow's tramp steamer approaches Puerto Barrios in Guatemala, he is full of hope that he will be able to remake his life in the New World. But having spent the better part of the last 15 years recovering from injuries sustained in the Great War, navigating between mismatched parents and pining for Lena - the wife who abandoned him - he is ill-equipped to grapple with the malicious, often sadistic characters that inhabit a hot, seedy port town. Part character study and part riveting narrative, The Price of Escape is its own mix of Kafka, Conrad and Cline.
- Author BiographyDavid Unger: David Unger was born in Guatemala City in 1950 and now lives in Brooklyn, New York. He is the author of The Price of Escape (Akashic Books, 2011), Para mi, eres divina (Random House Mondadori, Mexico, 2011), Ni chicha, ni limonada (F & G Editores, Guatemala, 2009; Recorded Books, 2010) and Life in the Damn Tropics (Wisconsin University Press, Plaza y Janes (Mexico, 2004), Locus Press (Taiwan, 2007). He has translated sixteen books into English, including works by Nicanor Parra, Silvia Molina, Elena Garro, Barbara Jacobs, Mario Benedetti and Rigoberta Menchu. He is considered one of Guatemala's major living writers even though he writes exclusively in English.
- Author(s)David Unger
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight261 g
- Width158 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.