All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Price of Fish, Michael Mainelli and Ian Harris examine in a unique way the world's most abiding and wicked problems sustainability, global warming, over-fishing, overpopulation, the pensions crisis; all of which are characterized by a set of messy, circular, aggressive and peculiarly long-term problems and go on to suggest that it is t the circumstances that are too complex, but our way of reading them that is too simple. Too simple and often wrong. The authors aim to blend four streams choice, ecomics, systems and evolution in a combination they believe is the key to making better decisions and, in turn, finding answers to the world's most pernicious problems.
- Author BiographyEducated at Harvard, Michael Mainelli is Commerce Professor Emeritus and Fellow at Gresham College (founding home of the Royal Society and former home to Christopher Wren). He is also Visiting Professor at LSE and was responsible for creating the London Accord the world's leading research cooperative into environmental, social and governance investment. He is the co-founder of Z/Yen, the City of London's leading commercial think-tank established in 1994 to promote societal advance through better finance and technology. Over the course of his career, he has worked in economics, political science, seismology, cartography, energy information, research and development, in defense and at the highest level of accountancy. Ian Harris is a co-founder of Z/Yen, having previously conceived and launched the award-winning joint venture Charity Share and guided the Marine Stewardship Council towards a Best Practice award for its strategic planning and governance, as well as working to solve other problems of long-term thinking in charities and other non-governmental organizations.
- PrizesWinner of Independent Publisher Book Awards: Finance/Investment/Economics Gold Award 2012.
- Author(s)Ian Harris,Michael Mainelli
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNicholas Brealey Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight428 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.