All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by St. Joseph Cafasso, a close friend and mentor to St. John Bosco, The Priest the Man of God is a collection of conferences on the identity and mission of the priest; that he is ather Christ and a 'sign of contradiction' to the world. In these meditations Cafasso exhorts priests to remember that the dignity of their calling is higher than that of all other callings. Cafasso, though gifted with a great intellect, successfully converted many souls to the Catholic Faith because his own life was conformed to the highest ideals of holiness which he studied from his youth. In these sermons he emphasizes the necessity for priests to strive with all their might to achieve the habits of virtue if they would have any effect on the souls under their care. The Priest the Man of God is a clear outline of the bility and duties of the priest and a marvelous instruction guide on how priests can realize this dignity and excel in these duties, so that they truly become a light to all men. This book is a wonderful resource for priests, but it also gives the laity a clearer appreciation for the power and singularity of the priestly vocation.
- Author BiographySt. Joseph Cafasso, born in 1811 at Piedmont, Italy, was a confessor, priest, and social reformer. While his city was being industrialized, Joseph took it upon himself to serve the dispossessed, marginalized, and criminals of Turin. He also comforted those who received the death sentence and became known as the Priest of the Gallows. The author of Priest: Man of God, he is also venerated as the patron saint of prison chaplains and prisoners. St. Cafasso died on the twenty-third of June, 1860, and was canonized in 1947.
- Author(s)St. Joseph Cafasso
- PublisherTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationRockford, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.