The Prime Minister's Secret Agent by Susan Elia MacNeal (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.79Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER For fans of Jacqueline Winspear, Charles Todd, and Anne Perry comesa gripping mystery featuring intrepid spy and code breaker Maggie Hope. This time, the fallout of a deadly plot comes straight to her own front door. World War II rages on across Europe, but Maggie Hope has finally found a moment of rest on the pastoral coast of western Scotland. Home from an undercover mission in Berlin, she settles down to teach at her old spy training camp, and to heal from scars on both her body and heart. Yet instead of enjoying the quieter pace of life, Maggie is quickly drawn into ather web of danger and intrigue. When three ballerinas fall strangely ill in Glasgow including one of Maggie s dearest friends Maggie partners with MI-5 to uncover the truth behind their unusual symptoms. What she finds points to a series of poisonings that may expose shocking government secrets and put countless British lives at stake. But it s the fight brewing in the Pacific that will forever change the course of the war and indelibly shape Maggie s fate. Praise for The Prime Minister s Secret Agent [A] stellar series . . . [Susan Elia] MacNeal has written an impeccably researched, wonderfully engaging story. Minneapolis Star Tribune A treat for WWII buffs and mystery lovers alike. Booklist [MacNeal] seamlessly mixes fact and fiction. Publishers Weekly Splendid . . . riveting . . . The research is complete and fascinating. . . . The scenes are so detailed that readers will feel as if they are next to the characters and listening to them speaking. RT Book Reviews (Top Pick) Fans of Jacqueline Winspear and Charles Todd will feast on this riveting series chronicling Britain s own Greatest Generation. MacNeal s research and gift for dialogue shine through on every page, transporting the reader to Churchill s inner circle. The Prime Minister s Secret Agent is both top-drawer historical fiction and mystery in its finest hour. Julia Spencer-Fleming, New York Times bestselling author of Through the Evil DaysPraise for Susan Elia MacNeal s Maggie Hope mysteries You ll be [Maggie Hope s] loyal subject, ready to follow her wherever she goes. O: The Oprah Magazine A heart-pounding vel peopled with fully drawn real and fictional characters . . . provides the thrills that readers have come to expect from MacNeal. Richmond Times-Dispatch, on His Majesty s Hope With false starts, double agents, and red herrings . . . MacNeal provides a vivid view of life both above and below stairs at Windsor Castle. Publishers Weekly, on Princess Elizabeth s Spy
- Author BiographySusan Elia MacNeal is the Barry Award winning and Edgar, Dilys, and Macavity Award nominated author of the Maggie Hope mysteries, including Mr. Churchill s Secretary, Princess Elizabeth s Spy, His Majesty s Hope, and The Prime Minister s Secret Agent. She lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with her husband and child.
- Author(s)Susan Elia MacNeal
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleMaggie Hope Mysteries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight240 g
- Width133 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $51.53Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.