All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $33.71Free postage
- AU $35.13Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrative neurologist Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary discovered a beautiful side effect to the eating and lifestyle tools she gave her brain patients--spontaneously shedding excess pounds. In this, her first book, she shows us how to sharpen the brain, and smarten and heal the gut. Weight gain is t about the food, but about the body s environment.Excess weight is aresult of the body being in a toxic, inflammatory state. If your body is t prepared or primed for weight loss, you will fight an uphill biochemical battle. Her program is t about what you can't have or do, it's about adding simple teas and herbs, and succeeding without giving up any foods you love. With The Prime, Dr. Chaudhary has reverse engineered our way of eating, so we can stop dieting backward and start losing weight instead. You'll learn: --The importance of neuroadaptation, food addiction, and the brain (or, why your brain and gut have made it so hard to lose weight in the past!)--Why it s t about what you eat, but what you digest--How to determine if you have a Leaky Brain and what The Prime can do about it (hint: everything)--How to easily crush cravings ( willpower required), ignite energy and fat, and biohack your lifestyle habits. Lastly, you ll learn how to live fully Primed, the secrets of the Super-Primed, and when you re ready to explore new foods, how to eat according to your unique constitution. PREPARED TO LIVE AT YOUR PRIME?
- Author BiographyDR. KULREET CHAUDHARY is an integrative neurologist, neuroscientist, and the former Director of Wellspring Health at Scripps Memorial Hospital; she is a pioneer in the field of Integrative Medicine. She received her Internship in Internal Medicine at UCLA and her Neurology Fellowship from UCSD. She has participated in over twenty clinical research studies in the areas of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, ALS, and diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Dr. Chaudhary is committed to bringing national awareness to the need for a paradigm shift in medicine that focuses on patient empowerment and a health-based medical system and as such is the co-founder of Habit Change, and now serves as the Chief Medical Officer for New Practices, Inc. With this work, she is transforming allopathic medical practices into healing centers that use compassion-based health coaching, meditation, and integrative medicine to combat chronic diseases such as Alzheimer s disease, diabetes, obesity, coronary heart disease, depression, and more. She also oversees ongoing research in the management and reversal of chronic disease through lifestyle intervention.
- Author(s)Kulreet Chaudhary
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarmony Books
- Content Noteillustrated
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.