All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrincess Irene lives in a castle in a wild and lonely mountaius region. One day she discovers a steep and winding stairway leading to a bewildering labyrinth of unused passages with closed doors - and a further stairway. What lies at the top? Can the ring the princess is given protect her against the lurking menace of the boglins from under the mountain?
- Author BiographyGeorge MacDonald (1824-1905) was born in Scotland and moved to London after studying science at Aberdeen University. He became a part of the literary scene of the times and wrote poetry and novels for adults, turning quite late in life to writing fiction for children, inspired by his large family. At the Back of the North Wind was published in 1871, a fantasy masterpiece which had first been serialized in a magazine. The two following years saw the publication of his other two much-loved novels for children, The Princess and the Goblin and The Princess and the Curdie.
- Author(s)George MacDonald
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/1996
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePuffin Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Classics
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Arthur Hughes
- Introduction byUrsula K. Le Guin
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.