All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Princeton Encyclopedia of Mammals is the most comprehensive and accessible reference book on mammals available. Unsurpassed in scope and stunningly illustrated, this book covers every kwn living species, from aardvarks to zorros. The informative and lively text is written by acclaimed researchers from around the world and features a concise general introduction to mammals followed by detailed accounts of species and groups that systematically describe form, distribution, behavior, status, conservation, and more. There are superb full-color photos and illustrations on virtually every page that show the animals in their natural settings and highlight their typical behaviors. And throughout the book, numerous 'Factfile' panels with color distribution maps and scale drawings provide at-a-glance overviews of key data. The Princeton Encyclopedia of Mammals is the definitive one-volume resource - a must-have reference book for naturalists and a delight for general readers. This work: covers every living mammal; describes form, distribution, behavior, status, conservation, and more; features spectacular full-color photos and illustrations on virtually every page; includes 'Factfile' panels with color distribution maps and scale drawings for at-a-glance reference; and, is written by an international team of expert.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Macdonald is director of the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit and a fellow of Lady Margaret Hall at the University of Oxford. He is an award-winning documentary filmmaker and the author of several books, including Mammals of Europe (Princeton).
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1,529 color illus. 163 line illus. 172 color maps.
- Weight3085 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Edited byDavid W. Macdonald
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.