The Principal Navigations Voyages Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation by Richard Hakluyt (Paperback, 2013)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Hakluyt (1552?-1616) was fascinated from his earliest years by stories of strange lands and voyages of exploration. A priest by profession, he was also an indefatigable editor and translator of geographical accounts, and a propagandist for English expeditions to claim new lands, especially in the Americas. His most famous work was first published in 1589, and expanded in 1598-1600: reissued here is the twelve-volume edition prepared by the Scottish firm of James MacLehose and Sons and first published between 1903 and 1905, which included introductory essays and tes. Hakluyt's subjects range from transcriptions of personal accounts and 'ruttiers' (descriptive charts of voyages) to patriotic attacks against rival nations (especially Spain). Volume 5 contains accounts of voyages to the Mediterranean and the Levant, including a history of the great siege of Rhodes in 1522 by the troops of Suleiman the Magnificent.
- Author(s)Richard Hakluyt
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Maritime Exploration
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus.
- Weight700 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.