The Principal's Guide to Managing Communication by E. Joseph Schneider, Lara L. Hollenczer (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchneider and Hollenczer approach the topic of managing communications from a strategic perspective. Moving from a one-way, top-down approach to communication, the authors show how headteachers can manage communications much more strategically by using a fluid communication strategy that involves all of the school's stakeholders - teachers, support staff, students, parents, central office administrators and community members. Schools are much more transparent institutions today because of access to data, and headteachers need a more open communication style as a result. Strong communication management skills between principals and the school's stakeholders can lead to more success in achieving the objectives for their schools. This book explains how different communication frameworks can be used in different situations and also covers school-family-communication partnerships, techlogy and communication, and communication tools.
- Author BiographyE. Joseph Schneider has been in education for more than 30 years as an association executive, research manager, and communication director. He is Managing Partner of Leadership Develop-ment Resources, an educational consulting com-pany based in Arlington, Virginia. Concurrently, he also serves as executive secretary of the National Policy Board for Educational Administration, a coalition of ten national education associations concerned about educational leadership. Previously, he was the deputy executive director of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), the national membership association of school superintendents. Prior to that, he was the deputy executive director of the Southwest Regional Educational Laboratory, Los Alamitos, California. He also has 15 years of experience as the CEO of a Washington, D.C., education asso-ciation whose members are university-based research centers and nonprofit educational research and development agencies. His mas-ter's degree in journalism is from the University of Oregon. He is a member of the National School Public Relations Association. He is coauthor of The Unauthorized Communication Handbook (1991) and Exploding the Myths: Another Round in the Education Debate (with Paul D. Houston) (1993). He has also written more than 100 education-related journal, magazine, and newsletter articles. His latest book, coauthored with Ronald G. Corwin, is The School Choice Hoax: Fixing America's Schools (2005). Lara L. Hollenczer, the mother of two public school youngsters, is heavily involved in local educational issues as a parent, community activist, and local business owner. Professionally, she made her mark by helping law firms har-ness the capacity of the Internet for branding their firms, conducting market research, and developing new clients. After stints at several large Washington, D.C., law firms, she joined a fast-growing Annapolis, Maryland, advertising and public relations agency where her clients included local and state teacher associations. After several years at the agency, she expanded her business to assist clients with research, market development, and media planning. She is accredited in public relations with the Public Relations Society of America and is a Professional Certified Marketer with the American Marketing Association. Her master's degree is in communication management from Syracuse University.
- Author(s)E. Joseph Schneider,Lara L. Hollenczer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLeadership for Learning Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.